ScreaminBob

Over the road truck driver, traveling the lower 48 and sharing my thoughts about it.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Kingman, AZ.

I actually live in Lake Havasu City, AZ. about seventy miles from Kingman. But I work out of Kingman.

I've only lived in Havasu for about three years now, so I really don't know a lot about the area. But there was some stuff I wanted to do in Kingman this weekend, so I'm held up in an old time route 66 motel.

Not because it's some historic landmark, but because it's the cheapest place I could find... come on now. I could have gone home and slept in my own bed. But at twenty-five bucks. It's probably cheaper then driving home. Think if it was my place I'd try to go the historical route to attract customers. But now. Flee bag.

Yesterday I was driving around a little, looking at Kingman. There's a lot of history here. Reminds me of Radiator Springs in the Cars movie. But you really have to look for it. Doesn't seem to be a lot of people interested in restoring history here. Think I'm going to go look for some.

Just spent a couple of hours in the historic part of Kingman. Went down to the old power house. Where they generated electricity for the area. It's now a museum. There are three nearby museums that you can access all for the price of one. Being I had other things I wanted to do, I decided to catch the museums later.

I did however discover another thing I want to do. Missed it by a month, but it's an annual fun run from Seligman to Topock... almost Williams AZ to the California line. On historic Route 66. First weekend of May? They start in Seligman on Friday night with a party and then spend the rest of the weekend on the trip that's about one hundred and fifty miles. Sounds like that could be fun.

Well, I gotta get a little nap in before my load's ready. Headed to Sacramento tonight. And picking up in Biggs. Close to grandma house. Sure hope I can be able to visit. But looks kind of tight.



No comments:

Post a Comment